September 17, 2008

A blog about not blogging

My brain is mush right now, which is why I'm posting so much later in the day than usual. I try really hard to avoid complaining and negativity on this blog, but since this rant is sort of art and design related....

I have my evening classes tonight and tomorrow, and am not feeling so confident in the homework projects I'm about to present. Worse yet, I don't feel like I've been getting any helpful feedback or direction so far in my classes. I'm pretty disappointed. Which might have led to the aforementioned lack of confidence.

Maybe the upcoming weeks will prove me wrong - maybe it'll be great,...maybe I'll get a lot out of it. But I'm feeling like this is going to be a lOOoooOoong semester.

Last night, I had to wrestle with giant printing fiasco (why does 11x17 seem like a reasonable presentation size to teachers??? I do not live anywhere near my school, so I can't "pop into" the computer lab.) I've tried copy stores, and that is a hot mess and a waste of money. The only other people I know who can print that large are my parents. My dad is a self-taught photographer and has a great big printer for his photos. So, last night I was up with my poor mother at my parents' house until 12:30-12:45 trying to figure out why red on the computer screen was printing up as brown on the printer. Sigh.

Eventually, my mother figured it out. Everything is all set now...except my mood. Wish me luck tonight. I'll need it (that, and a bucket of coffee!).

4 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I don't believe in luck, so your outta luck there! :D O *do* wish you a bucket of coffee though (I'm a BIG believer there!.

Best wishes for whatever comes!

Nicole Huot said...

Haha! I believe in coffee too. It's gotten me this far. Maybe it's how I'll make it through the semester. (o:

Beth said...

Aren't parents grand? I'm sure your project is wonderful. Sending lots of good coffee thoughts your way.

lauren gray | the haunted hollow tree said...

eek, sorry about your printer frustrations. I have been there before with the color issues. Once you get your settings right, you should be good to go... which it sounds like you did. Hopefully things will look up for you!