February 07, 2008

Friday Etsy Artist Profile!!!

It's Friday. For me, that means it's time to lighten up a bit. I figured it was a good time to feature another Etsy seller. This will be another biased post because I know this seller personally. (It's another friend of mine from college.) Don't worry, I've already profiled one Etsy seller I didn't know, and I plan on doing more in the future. Today however, I'll be featuring Karen:


Etsy
Buy Handmade
HoneydewStudio


Karen has her BFA in textile design. Her understanding of texture and pattern is apparent in the prints of her adorable little collage pieces. Little mice snipped from the leather of a lady's glove, ticket-stub deer, and birds formed from discarded train schedules inhabit a world of rolling tissue paper hills, sparkler box mountains, and topographic map fields.
My favorite might be the Dear Talking Dear. A bright orange deer on a background of light green gives a little speech (within a paper-cut out speech bubble) regarding UFO lore.
If your walls are sad and naked but you're not interested in buying boring mass-produced "art", I would suggest taking a look around Karen's shop. Her work is unique, whimsical, and you'll be sure to find a color or pattern appropriate for any room of the house. Take a peek! (o:

5 comments:

earth and sun folk said...

what a nice feature! I love her shop!

TexasTesla said...

I particularly enjoy her Blue Bird on Red Branch! Very simple composition, but striking colors and just enough 'texture' with the patterns...

Dharma Designs said...

I LOVE that you support fellow Etsy artists! :-)

glasfaden said...

Lovely feature! Thanks for introducing me to her!

LizzyT said...

Lovely feature and you have such a great blog too.