February 21, 2008

Sick

Apparently some people actually do read this thing, because it's been noted that I haven't blogged for a week. Sorry guys, but I've been down for the count. My hubby became really sick this weekend and even stayed home from work on Monday. I followed on his heels by about two days, and yeseterday stayed home from work too. I had a 101-degree fever, and couldn't even pick myself out of bed. I certainly couldn't sit up long enough to log onto my computer. I spent the entire day lying down with a pile of blankets on top of me. All I did was watch junk TV with a box of tissues, a bag of Ricolas, and loads of fluids on hand. My main meals consisted of soup. (Which, apparently, is the Magic Anti-Flu Food according to this study.)
I'm still not feeling 100% today, but I did manage to crawl into work. (Hey, the body aches are pretty much gone. That alone was a reason to celebrate!) I'm sort of thinking maybe I should've taken a second day off, since my coworkers seem to be concerned that I'm Typhoid Mary. I work for the school district, and February vacation is next week. All I've heard all day is, "Don't give it to me!" No one wants to have this flu/cold combo for their cruise or trip to Mexico. My plans are nowhere near as exotic. I have no extra money to speak of, so I'm just driving 2 hours to visit a friend. But hell, even I don't want to be sick by then!
At least it's almost the end of the week. Hopefully, I'll be back to my artsy self in no time. I'm going to be featured in a blog this weekend, so I'll even have something to talk about. That is, besides me being sick. *Cough, cough*

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am not above goading a sick person into blogging.

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Oy! Sending good healing thoughts your way.

Nicole Huot said...

Thanks guys. I'm still pretty sick and so is the hubby. Last night we were discussing the possibility that we might have pneumonia. Then again, it might just be bronchitis. I'll play it by ear this week. Ugh.

Mimi - Image Beads said...

Hope you feel better!