March 10, 2008

I need YOUR help!!!

I'm looking for artists, illustrators, designers, and craftspeople who are willing to mail me their business cards! E-mail me at honeydewstudio@gmail.com for info on where to send them. Please title your e-mail "Business Card" so I can respond asap.

Now, you might be wondering why I'm on a quest for artist's business cards. As most of you know, I'm taking night classes right now to get certified in graphic design. I'm currently enrolled in a typography class. We have a BIG semester-long project where we have to collect tons of different examples of type and arrange them in a book format. We also have to have some sort of theme. I thought - what would be more interesting than a book full of business cards from creative people? They're like mini representations of who you are - the variations would range far and wide. I would love to create a book full of sooo many different approaches to design.

There's an added incentive to helping me out. For those of you who send me your business card on or by March 17, you will be entered to win a print of my illustration Ben's Dragon. The drawing will be random, and the winner will be announced on this blog no later than March 18th. (Please make sure your address is included on your business card so I can mail the print out!!!)

If you know any artists or designers, send 'em on over to this blog. Or at least send their card for them. Everyone is invited! Please help me out.

I promise to post pics of my project on this blog at the end of the semester too. I'm sure it will be fabulous. (o;

Thanks everyone!!!

7 comments:

Nnairda's said...

Sounds like a wonderful project. I wish I could help, I dont' have any set up yet.

Good luck!

Nicole Huot said...

Don't feel too bad - I don't even have a recent business card myself! Maybe that's why I LOVE looking at other people's cards.

okac said...

I sent you an email!!

Nicole Huot said...

Fantastic! Thank you so much! Keep the e-mails coming, everyone. I have to turn the first half in by the 18th, but this project goes until the end of the semester.

Cara Carmina said...

Nice blog!!!! about the b cards, check out this link... the b. cards are so cute and so old!!!!!! http://fulton.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/business.asp?start=16&page=2&dpage=24&biztype=all

think you'll like it!

my blog about children illustration is www.caracarmina.blogspot.com

check it out!

flying away now...

Anonymous said...

I emailed you!

erin, maker of chimes said...

Oooh, I'm going to email you!