October 07, 2008

Quick Blog

Illustration from "David Goes to School" by David Shannon
Just wanted to write a quick blog since I haven't been writing very regularly as of late. Most of you already know this but for any new readers -- I have a full-time job and am working towards an additional degree in graphic design. I attend evening classes two nights a week which are an hour commute away from my house (sometimes it takes as long as 1.5 - 2 hours with traffic).

I feel like I've been struggling through classes so far this year. I try really hard not to vent my complaints on here, but I am really frustrated right now with school. So, if I drop off for a while just know I'm tackling my homework...or my brain hurts. Lol.

In more positive news, the Mail Artists group I put together is up and running! Everyone received their little letter packet and is gearing up to start mailing mini art pieces to other members. This weekend I sent two pieces out, myself. If you'd like to spy on what we're up to, you can take a peek at our Flickr group. We just barely started mailing each other, so there's not a lot of work posted yet. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

wow, you are very busy!! I'm off to check out the flickr group.

Debbie Gootter said...

Good luck with all your ventures!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

The image on this post is so comical. Hang in there, you have alot on your plate !

Nicole Huot said...

Thanks everyone! It's good to have some support especially when I'm feeling spread so thin.

Just to give credit where credit is due, that image is from one of the "David" books by David Shannon. Most likely it's from "David Goes To School".

Aroma Fields said...

Love your artwork! Good luck with your ventures.

Kim Caro said...

i love that book,