September 12, 2008

That's Disheartening

Some of you have heard some of this story already, so I apologize in advance.

In July of 2007, I was taped for an episode of HGTV's That's Clever. (National exposure for my work = very exciting, non?) I was told to e-mail them in the spring of 2008 for an air date. I did...and was provided with an episode number, but no date. I was told to contact them again in the fall.

This month, I wrote once again to the woman with whom I'd been conversing...and the e-mail bounced back to me! I've since been combing the internet trying to find out what's going on. Is the show canceled? There's absolutely no sign of it on HGTV's daily show schedule, though it's still on the website as an "active" show.

Today I had a tiny breakthrough when I found this blog by a fellow That's Clever participant*.

There's a little something you should know...I was taped for the 500 series. The 400 series is set to air in January of '09??? Assuming they'll even air the 500 series, that means I can probably expect my episode to air sometime in 2010? Oh. My. God. That's three years after the taping. Who knows if I'll even be doing the same type of projects by then? I guess exposure 3 years late is better than none at all. I really hope the show doesn't get canceled before my episode airs. I have to admit, I'm a little bummed.

*Thanks so much to Jama for posting the above linked blog, and also for answering my question so fast!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be a long wait but what a great experience. I'll keep my eyes open for your segment. I love that show.

Fancy said...

WOW!!! I used to watch that show all the time. I never realized it took 3 years! That is kinda ridiculous :( I'm sure it's great either way! Still very exciting!

Jama said...

You're totally welcome!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your segment.

I completely understand the worry about the airdate. My project is wirework & PMC. While I still do some of each, I primarily work with bead weaving now! It's just crazy.

Pretty Widow said...

I was taped in November of 2006 and I am still waiting! I worry about the contact info i gave them to post on the HGTV website. I didn't have a blog then - so i want to make sure they include that info. But it is impossible to get in touch with anyone with any news!