February 06, 2008

I <3 Typograpy (ok, well maybe not yet, but I'm working on it!)

Let's start Wednesday morning off right:


This is a baby picture of my hedgehog, Baxter McPrickles. Baxter is currently getting on to hedgie middle-age. He's a big boy now (2 1/2!) so I'll have to put come current pics up later. In the meantime, I thought we could all use a little nostalgic cuteness on Wednesday. It's cold, dreary, and wet here today. Frankly, it cheers me up to look at Baxter's little face.

Anyway, I was a bit worried and whiney in yesterday's blog (sorry, it happens). It was pretty much unnecessary, as many of my fears are. I wound up feeling right at home in my Typography class last night. My homework was fine, and appropriate. Not only that, but I'm already feeling more comfortable in my ability to understand the program I've enrolled myself in. I may not know graphic design yet, but I'm learning. And I do have a solid background in illustration. It's still all design principles...just applied to different aspects of the visual world. It shouldn't be impossible for me to translate one to the other. It's just a matter of learning the other language. All it took was class #2 to make me realize that. Sometimes you just need to freak out, get it out of your system, and keep on truckin'. Oh well.
I'm going to attack my homework this week, and hopefully still have time to make a few new mini-illustrations. I sold one this weekend of a sheep sipping a coffee. That was awesome. I have been drawing those stylized sheep since time immemorial. I used to draw them (always drinking coffee for some reason) in the margins of my notebooks in college. I love drawing them. I'm glad someone liked looking at them enough to buy one of them.
Other plans for this week include working out international shipping in my Etsy shop. I bought a postage scale last weekend, so that should help quite a bit. I just need to weigh my items in the boxes I'll be sending them out in, and do a few calculations on the USPS website. With any luck, maybe sales will increase once I open up my shop to buyers from countries other than just Canada and the US. I'll keep you posted.

20 comments:

outofthepinksky said...

Awww, totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

He's adorable!

Rose-Segrest said...

He is so cute, it should be totally illegal to be that cute.
Thanks for the info on the international shipping, i too am going to have to take a dive into international sales:)
xoxo jen

Lori said...

I love your hedgehog. Good luck on the international shipping.

L.G. said...

Oh My goodness!! what an adorable little thing! it really is too cute .what a little darling :)

Nicole Huot said...

Thanks everyone!

Artifax said...

You have a hedgehog pet? How adorable! He is SO cute! I'm a softie for hedgehogs, but they don't live around these parts :)

Keys and Memories said...

That is the cutest thing I have seen!!! How do I get one????

Anonymous said...

It cannot be questioned - Baxter's face just made me grin. ;]

& everyone has up's & down's - don't fret - you'll find the steady road soon enough.

fi at moose and bear said...

you have a hedgehog for a pet?? what do you feed him? do you keep him inside?? where did you get him?? aaaah!! too cute!!

Jess littlebunny.etsy.com said...

i think it is awesome that you have a hedgehog as a pet!!
he's so cute!

creativesundries said...

What a sweet little guy! I miss my little Bob (an albino hedgeie.)

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!!!!

Becca Alley said...

So I still gotta read your post but I love that image! Thanks for sharing!

KirasCreations said...

So adorable!

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!

Erika said...

Hedgehogs are so cute! I have become recently obsessed with them. I don't know if you've ever looked at cuteoverload.com but they have a link to this YouTube video of a hedgehog that I could watch all day!

And Baxter McPrickles... awesome name! :-)

Erika said...

Oh yeah, also every time I see your avatar in the forums, I just want to hug it! :-)

Nicole Huot said...

Hee-hee. Thanks! Hedgies are pretty hilarious when you watch them in action. When it's warmer, our little guy likes to scurry all around our living room. He gets around fast for having such short legs! My hubby and I hum "flight of the bumble bee" when we see him in action!

Nicole Solo said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!