February 12, 2008

Valentine's Day Contest!!!

For once I'm actually going to promote someone other than myself or an Etsy artist. This person isn't even in the visual arts field. *Gasp!* It's a post about a musician who is hosting a contest. The prize is your very own personalized song!

My friend, Ryan Love (yes, that's his real name) is a very talented pianist and singer/songwriter. His style is pretty unique - I wouldn't dare try to stick him into one category. The best description I can give is that he effortlessly flows between alternative/indie and electronic genres. It might just be easier if you hear him yourself. I recommend you take a listen to "Heaven Help Me" or "See You Soon" (those are my personal favorites). Here:

http://www.myspace.com/jetcityrecords

Anyway, he's hosting a very cool Valentine's Day contest and I figured I'd share with all of you. As I mentioned before, the grand prize is your very own song (about you, your honey, your relationship, or other topic of your choosing) written and performed by Ryan. He'll work with you, ask you some questions, and construct a song specifically for you. You will receive your prize via e-mail with an mp3 attached. If you're not savvy with technology, he can send it in a cd format via snail mail. But be aware that it will take longer to receive it. Even so, it would still be worth it. I mean, what could be a better V-Day gift to your significant other than a song about them written by a guy named Mr. Love? LOL.

There are two ways to enter. If you have a MySpace account, all you have to do is click on the link I already provided and add one of Ryan's songs (or RyTunes as he calls them) to your profile. If you do not have a Myspace account (or if you're already absolutely wedded to your profile song), you can drop me a comment here on my blog. PLEASE make sure you leave an e-mail address, a link to your own blog, or some way to get a hold of you. There will be a random drawing tonight and the winner will be notified immediately. Your customized song will be sent directly to the e-address you provide Feb.13th BEFORE Midnight. Hurry up and enter - the boy needs some time to write and record your song!!! Good luck everyone!!!

2 comments:

Bazil Essentials said...

I love his music, I'm adding it right now! I want a special song :)

Nicole Huot said...

Fantastic! He'll be notifying the winner today (Feb 13). I'll post another blog about it.