January 15, 2008

Second blog = crit time!

You knew it was coming. I didn't put this blog up to talk to myself! (In spite of what it may look like so far...)
I spent this weekend putting some serious time into revamping my online shop. I made some more items to put up there, then my father and I spent two days snapping new photos of both my new and old work. As I mentioned before, I also have a brand new banner and avatar thanks to a fellow Etsian. I think the only thing that's missing right now is info on my profile page. But I'll get around to that.

Anyone feel like taking a look at the results of this weekend's hard work? I'm looking for some honest input. What are things you think need tweaking? Are the pictures clear enough? Too boring? Do you need to see the items in a setting? Would you buy from me? Why or why not? What are the good things about my shop? What needs improvement?
Some people are fantastic at photographing their artwork with a colored background, or in a context. I'll admit I'm a little envious of those people who look like they have catalogue photos in their online shops. However I feel that, for my stuff, it gets too cluttered and you lose the object in the visual chaos. That could just be me, though. I always seem to lean towards simplification and "clean" design.
In any event, my shop is 100% better than what I had posted last week. But you know that things could always improve, and we art people are never happy with settling for "good enough". Please put your two cents in - especially those of you who have your own successful shops. Here's the link, by the way:

http://www.honeydewstudio.etsy.com/

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say! Happy Tuesday.

No comments: