January 30, 2008

Calorie-Free Treats!

Kreations by Karina has featured me on her blog this morning! To check it out, here's the link.
Karina is a fellow Etsian and soapmaker. She's quite deserving of her own "Favorite Things" blog post, so I decided to make her shop my topic du jour!

Etsy
Buy Handmade
KreatedbyKarina


Her shop features some of my favorite kinds of scents...dessert! A friendly warning to those with a sweet tooth: do not visit her page if you're hungry. She has posted luscious pictures of what item the soap smells like. You're bombarded with images of sugar-topped blueberry muffins, gooey cherry cheesecake, white chocolate torte, and creamy vanilla cupcakes. (Personally, I have my eye on her coconut cream pie soap.) Thank God she's not a bakery, because my waistline would be in big trouble! Lucky for all of us, Karina's treats are of the calorie-free variety and good for your skin.
Unlike many commercial soap makers, none of her soaps contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) or Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES). As Karina says on her site, "The sodium lauryl sulfate found in commercial soaps and some other soaps on Etsy (it's claimed as a lathering agent) is exactly the same as you would find in a car wash or even a garage, where it is used to degrease car engines." Um. Ewwwww!
It's obvious Karina has put a lot of care and thought into her hand-crafted products. Isn't it time to pamper yourself with yummy bath treats? (If you can't decide - she does offer a soap sampler!) Stop by her shop to look around, and make sure you read her blog today...after all, I'm on it! (o;

2 comments:

Keys and Memories said...

Way cool blog- do you really have a hedgehog? That sounds sooo cute!

Nicole Huot said...

Thanks! I do have a hedgehog! He's fat and grumpy most of the time, but I love him to death. I'll have to post pics of him up here sometime.