June 20, 2008

21 Day Challenge: Day 2


I did this quick little sketch last night. I was trying to capture a little gesture from memory that my hedgehog makes when he's running about sniffing things. I used a teeny bit of color in this one. A while back, a friend of mine gave me a set of what looks like crayons or oil pastels. It comes with this paintbrush looking thing that has a hollow interior so you can fill it up with water. Once you "color" with the crayon/pastels, you can run the brush over your marks to wet it and it turns into a sort of watercolor. Pretty cool.

Before I forget, I wanted to update all of you on the Case of The Missing Class Work. My teacher from this past semester wrote me back regarding the failure to find any of my projects in the Continuing Ed office (which is where he promised they would be a week or two after the semester ended) when I went to Boston this weekend. Apparently he's off on a trip somewhere, and hasn't even dropped them off yet. It's a little frustrating that I didn't know that before I took a day off of work to pick everything up. But thanks to our trip to Blue Ginger, the day was not a complete wash. I'm just glad that my 15 weeks of work isn't lost in some sort of office abyss.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

You are so talented, this is lovely! :0)

Tasha Early said...

This sketch is great! You have skills. or skillz. Whichever you prefer. :)

Nicole Huot said...

Thank you both for the lovely comments! (o:

brightonearly - hahaha! Can I also have "mad skillz"?

Sara said...

What a cool challenge! Nice work, keep em coming I'll be back.

Sara said...

what a great challenge, Keep em coming I'll be back!

Crafty Mama said...

What an adorable hedgehog!