June 27, 2008

21 Day Challenge: Day 9


Ants can carry 10-20 times their body weight. They're strong! This one has an olde timey moustache. (o:

In other news, the awards ceremony went alright last night. The mayor was there, a state senator, and a couple local celebs (one newspaper cartoonist and one newspaper columnist). There were a couple short speeches, the awards were handed out (complete with embarrassing pictures taken with the mayor and our art), and then a raffle at the end. I got my award for 3rd place in the adult professional category (it was a cash prize--yeay!) and was happy to see fellow SCBWI member, Jane, receive the Governor's Choice Award. Then my parents treated me to dinner...which I followed with a vigorous work-out. (Hey, I'm on va-k in 2 weeks and want to fit into my cocktail dresses!). All in all, not a bad night. (o:

Hope you're having a happy Friday!

2 comments:

industrialpoppy said...

Sounds like a memorable and fun evening...congrats again!

Nicole Huot said...

thank you! (o: