June 26, 2008

21 Day Challenge: Day 8



Ok, so I've always had a serious problem drawing monkeys without a reference photo or a live monkey in front of me. I don't know why, but my imagination just cannot concoct a decent monkey. But, Sarah requested a monkey sketch for today, and I am more than willing to oblige. This one is talking on a banana phone. That cracks me up. It doesn't take much sometimes, honestly.

In other news, my awards ceremony for the National Arts Program is today! I'll be collecting my 3rd place award in the professional "works on paper" category this afternoon. It's taking place at Manchester's City Hall at 4 p.m. if anyone is interested. My husband works late, so the only people showing up for me so far are my parents. The two people you can always count on to cheer for you are your folks. Haha! Aw.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love him!!!!! He is adorable! Excellent job.

SweetB said...

What whimsical and aninmated animal drawings you do! Good luck on accomplishing you illustration goals! Barb

Made by Melissa said...

What an adorable little monkey! And congrats on your award.