June 07, 2008

Tough Love



I just had to jump online and blog while I'm still feeling all mushy and proud.

Since I've blogged about my best friend before (once here and once here), I figured this post wouldn't be 100% out of the blue.

I found out tonight that his album is done - music, cover art and all. It will be available June 23 on his website. No, I didn't wind up doing the cover art. And thank goodness. First, I had way too much school going on to stop and create something worthy of his music. Second, Ryan and I think too much alike. Sometimes you need an artist whose brain can take a fresh look at you and come up with something cool. Like this:



It definitely has my stamp of approval. (I'm so glad I didn't do the art cuz I certainly wouldn't have come up with that!) I also found out that Ryan got his own website up and running...by himself! I've been meaning to get my own website up and running for the past oh...I dunno...5 or 6 years now. Eeep. Hopefully, he'll provide me with the necessary inspiration. Anyway, check his website out here. You can hear some of his tunes on there too. One of them is "my" song. And no, I won't tell which one. It's mine! :oP You really can't beat having a song written for you. Anyone else have a best friend that cool?

Ryan and I have been friends for a dozen or so years now, so we've been through a lot together. We're both in artistic fields, so we've faced a lot of similar struggles. His success feels like a success for me too (don't worry, honey, I'm not stealing your thunder!). I guess what I'm trying to say is right now, I'm feeling so proud of him for finally achieving so many of his goals. (Trust me folks, I've been listening to the trials and tribulations of this process for years!) Even though we live on opposite coasts now, I'll always be his biggest cheerleader.

Congrats, Ry. (o: (Eat it up while you can, I'll be back to my usual self tomorrow. LOL.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first comment vanish.

I can't type it again...

In the meantime,

MEW!!!

Joy De Vivre Design said...

That is really cool for your friend! Making an album is a long process. I hope he does well.

Nicole Huot said...

joy - I hope he does too! He's been working on this for ages. The kudos are long overdue. (o:

Mia Of Mia's Graphic Designs said...

Wow, it's so great to see someone you care about realize their dreams!! Congrats to him!! :)

Hey Harriet said...

That's wonderful news for your friend & a huge accomplishment. Hope it all goes well for him. He is also very lucky to have you as his friend cheering him on so proudly :)

A lovely & enjoyable post!

PAC said...

That's awesome news!

industrialpoppy said...

Honeydew-congrats to your friend-but get painting!!! The deadline is looming, and there is a piece of work waiting to tell it's story... :)
Cheering you on!

Nicole Huot said...

industrialpoppy - haha! Boy, do you have me pegged! You're absolutely right. I'll be taking a personal day off of work tomorrow to finish up that painting. It's due on Wednesday and I have 2 personal days I have to use up before the end of June anyway.
It's down to the wire, I know. I may be the Procrastination Queen, but I can sure crank it out when I have to! I promise, I'll keep you posted. (o: