July 01, 2008

21 Day Challenge: Day 13


It's the magical candy deer!

Yeah...I don't know what's wrong with me either. Lol. It sort of has a llama face but again, I sometimes need reference photos in front of me when I draw animals. I haven't been using them for this project and this drawing is a case in point.

In other news, I had my SCBWI meeting last night. As usual, it was good. We got to meet our newest member and everything. Hopefully I can get the blog links to our other members (besides me, Gina, and Vita, of course) so I can post them for you.

Other than that, I'm just gearing up for my upcoming vacation and counting down the days! Really, it can't come fast enough. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute drawing! It kind of makes me feel holiday-ish. But I think maybe I just have Christmas on the brain due to trying to write out my holiday planning timeline. Kudos on the 21 day challenge!

T.Allen said...

Yes he does look kinda llama-esque but he's got candy so it's all good :)

Nicole Huot said...

My husband thought it looked like a poorly thought-out unicorn. But you're right - candy really does make everything better.
At this point, I think I'm making up my own animal hybrids. It's the Deery Llama! Hahaha!

...I think I need a nap. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I like the magical feeling. I also think it looks holiday-ish. This would make a great holiday card!
This is very strange...I have been drawing children holding lollipops like that lately!