July 25, 2008

Sketches: Denmark

Hi.

Remember me?

I know I've fallen off the face of this blog, but I have really good reasons, I swear! Since I got back home from my adventures in Europe, I've been working two jobs all summer. Then, my best friend came home from across the country and is visiting all month. In addition to that, everyone I know suddenly decided to get married and/or produce a baby. This has left me with exactly zero free personal time. My weekends are booked with things that end in "shower" (baby or bridal, take your pick) in addition to the weddings. The hubby and I have also been trying to fix up the house before I start my evening classes again on September 4th. (That alone is kind of making me freak out.) The cherry on the top? I sprained my ankle last week.

Now that I have my excuses and stories out of the way, I'm just going to finish posting the sketches I promised to post a month ago. Sorry.


This will (mostly) conclude the sketches from my travel sketchbook. All of the following were created while touring Hamlet's Castle, Elsinore, in Denmark: This was a sketch of a recreation of the Queen's wedding gown. She was only 14 or so when she got married.








Don't worry, my sister took a photo of the above painting without flash. Though, I'm afraid I can't say the same for some of the other tourists.

I have a few more sketches to post, but this blog has been waiting long enough. I'll get through the rest of my stories and sketches in forthcoming posts.

So...how've you been? (o;





6 comments:

ThreadBeaur said...

Glad to see you back! Sounds like you had a great trip!

artis1111 said...

I just came across your blog on etsy. Nice to meet another artise. Kathy

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Never heard of falling off the blog but may use it now.Glad you are back.

Nicole Huot said...

Hi everyone, I'm so glad to see people stopping by! It makes me want to start posting regularly again. (o:

Thanks for your comments!

T.Allen said...

Hello and welcome back...y'know I read somewhere when we injure ourselves it is a communication from the universe and our bodies. Like if you tell lies, your throat will become sore...I think that ankle is the universe's way of telling you to slow down. *Winks*.

Nicole Huot said...

t.allen-mercado - I hadn't thought about it that way, but it sounds exactly right to me.
I was extremely busy the day my sprain occured, and had the option of skipping aerobics class, but I didn't. I crammed it into my schedule anyway...and wound up with a sprained ankle. Now I'll be missing a few weeks worth of classes instead of just one. You're absolutely right - I now have no choice but to slow down! (o: