July 20, 2008

I'm baaaack!


I'm home from my 10 day vacation with my husband, parents, sister, and brother-in-law. We went to England, The Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden. I am very jet lagged and now trying desperately to get back on track with exercise, sleep, and resuming a normal diet. Traveling and eating out every day is fun, but it can really take a toll on you.

I'm sure you guys will be happy to hear that I actually got a bit of sketching done on my vacation. Most of it is really quick gesture drawings. We were on a lot of coordinated tours, and were mostly rushed from site to site. On one hand, I am so lucky to even have the opportunity to see some of these places and works of art. On the other hand, it absolutely broke my heart to have a mere 45 minutes in the (very crowded) Van Gough museum or have to go running past a wall full of Rembrandts in order to meet the bus. Oh well. The point is that it was a good trip. I'll start posting images from my sketch book this week as soon as I can. I'll be working two jobs this summer, but I'm hoping I'll be able to find some time to blog regularly.

I am a little bit frazzled with all I have to get done this week, so I was happy to come home to find a message from my friend Karen telling me that my Iggy Inferno plush character had been featured in Etsy's Storque Spotlight. It's nice to see that even when I'm not able to maintain my site for a small period of time, people are still finding my work. (o:

Anyway, I feel like I need to do a lot of catching up. If any of you have news or updates for me from the last 10 days, please post! I'll be anxious to read them.

No comments: