April 16, 2008

Confidence

Last night's crit on my brochure layout went better than expected! I'm starting to feel a little confident about my design skills, and certainly more confident in my ability to learn quickly. We have only 3 major projects left and 4 weeks until the end of the semester. Yikes! After that's all done, the hubby and I are going on a weekend getaway for our first anniversary. So, at least I have something to look forward to at the end of my trials and tribulations!

In other good news, I made a sale yesterday! That was a pleasant surprise since sales are rare for me these days. I haven't had time to promote my shop or make any new items for a while, so it has been really stagnant. Lately, I've mostly used Etsy to buy from other artists and chat. My poor shop has sat there waiting for me to find time to pay attention to it. People seem to be liking my teeny little inexpensive drawings, though. Maybe I'll make some more this summer.

Other than that....when I can, I've been working on organizing my studio. Along with some little plastic tubs, I bought one of these from Target last week:


Note the signature "honeydew" color scheme? Yeah, I'm a sucker for that color. I saw a VW Bug on the road this morning in the same color and I was like, "Hmmm...." as my head filled with daydreams of driving around in one with Honeydew Studio stickers all over the back. I don't even particularly care about VW Bugs. I think it was just the color that nabbed me. Lol. Oh God.

Anyway, I want more bins, but all that our local Target had in stock was the one I bought. I even went back a few days ago, but alas - still out of stock. I'm thinking about buying more online. The only problem is that you must buy 2 at a time online, and it gets pricey with the shipping etc.

That's about all that's going on today. I hope it's as gorgeous outside in your neck of the woods as it is in mine!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally it is a gorgeous day here. So nice out that I called in work for a personal day!

Nicole Huot said...

helen - that's a brilliant idea! I wish I had the day off too. Enjoy it! (o:

Home Of The Gumbles said...

Love the tub! I'm a sucker for pink myself. ;) Great job on the crit!

Sarah said...

YAY congrats on another sale! That is awesome!

UniqueNurseGranny said...

It is pretty.have just gotten back from outside.I am the way you are about purple so can trlate..

Nicole Huot said...

Glad I'm not the only color-obsessed one!

Thanks Sarah! (o:

The Nature Nut said...

I love that shade of green too! And yes it is a lovely, warm day here today - Yipee :o)

Victoria said...

One of my all time favorite colors! Great little bin!