April 28, 2008

Upcoming Art Shows

For those of you who are in the area, I wanted to let you know about two upcoming shows at local galleries:

The first is an exhibit of the work of children's illustrators. It will be running for a month at Kennedy Studios in Portsmouth NH. Some of the artists exhibiting include Teri Wiedner, Robert Squier, and David McPhail...as well as our very own Gina Perry! She's a fabulous illustrator, member of my SCBWI crit group, and author behind The Pineapple Diaries. The opening is May 9th. I'll post further details as I get them.

The second gallery opening features fellow Etsy member, Scott Bulger. It's a solo exhibition of his photography at the Jill Coldren-Wilson Gallery on the campus of the Kimball-Jenkins School of Art in Concord, NH. The Artist Reception will also be on Friday, May 9, from 5:00 - 8:00 PM.

If you're free that Friday, attend a show (or two!) and support your local artists. (o:

5 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Sounds like a couple of great shows..
lucky you..It is nice to see other people's work..

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Well thank you kindly ma'am for your help with promoting this event!

Nicole Huot said...

Hi Scott, no problem! Your work is great and there are such good gallery shows around here that people never even hear about. I figure I can do my part to get the word out! (o:

ei! kumpel said...

yay, so many shows! :) You're lucky!

Nicole Huot said...

I just wish the opening nights weren't on the same day! Oh well. At least they're both open all month long. (o: