April 08, 2008

You know what day it is

It's typography Tuesday! I have my class tonight. That means I usually have nothing to talk about except school this time of the week. (Sorry!)

But, on a positive note -- I sort of feel like Super Woman today.

I finished my logotype project and am pretty proud of how it turned out. I illustrated the honeydew shaped "O" for an image on the letterhead and the back of the business card. I kind of love it. (I'll post newer pics soon).

I also finished up the first portion of my brochure layout assignment. I'm not so proud of that one, but at least it's done. I'll be honest in saying I had ZERO idea what I was doing last night. Brochure layout...whaaa? You might as well have told me to write a paper in Russian. I just can't seem to get the concept of a grid down in my brain. I know what hierarchy is, but ugh. It's just not working out. Even if my samples are abysmal (which I'm pretty sure they are) I'm not super worried. I seem to be learning really fast and I'm sure the crit will set me on the right path.

Other than that, we have a quiz tonight and I have no idea what we're expected to know. The only thing he told us for sure we'd be quizzed on are hyphens, en dashes, and em dashes. Well, I know what those are. Let's cross our fingers that's the only thing on this quiz. Especially since I didn't finish some of the reading I was supposed to do (gulp!).

After all of that, I somehow found the time to make a semi-complicated stew at the last minute and throw it into the slow-cooker overnight. Usually my poor hubby can forget about a home- cooked meal until Wednesday. Granted, I was still cooking at midnight last night, but at least we have dinner for the first half of the week.

Full time work, plus homework, plus commuting, plus school, and I still manage to be one mean cook? Seriously, where's my cape? (o;

5 comments:

julie king said...

Superwoman you are!!! Wow! I'm impressed by all that you are taking on and accomplishing! When I was raising my 2 kids by myself for 18 years my kids called me "supermom". Now I'm an empty nester and enjoying a more relaxed lifestyle! Good luck. I enjoyed your blog!

Nicole Huot said...

Thanks! I have a lot of respect for people who are doing what I'm doing PLUS parenting. Thank goodness I don't have kids yet, I simply wouldn't survive the stress. That's why I decided to go back to school before the hubby and I start thinking about children. I have to give you kudos for doing it for 18 years. Single parents really are superheros! Enjoy your well-deserved free time! (o:

Anonymous said...

I can sypathize with you here. I'm a graphic/web design also. This week we're working on making a performing arts poster. I have no clue what I'm going to begin with. LOL.

Nicole Huot said...

Dee - that makes me feel a little better!
Except, I don't even understand any basic graphic design layout concepts yet! I have quite a way to go. Lol. Sigh.

Sarah said...

Go girl!! And, um how dare you post about a fabulous stew without posting the recipe so I can try it out!? :-P