May 04, 2008

Dirty Little Secret

Well...ok, so maybe it isn't secret OR dirty, but I realized I never ever mention the fact that I have a second (non-Etsy) online shop.

Admittedly, I sort of ignore it. It was the first shop I ever opened, and I almost shut it down due to lack of sales. Almost as if the shop sensed this, I've suddenly been scoring occasional sales from it. Largely, it's been people buying items with my hedgehog and honeydew image on it. The original painting isn't for sale on Etsy since it's an important part of my business logo. Cafepress, however, is the perfect place for me to offer a print or reproduction. It seems people are happy to buy buttons, stickers, magnets, or anything else with Baxter's cute little face on it...which is great! So, I figured I'd give that shop a little TLC today, and admit its existence in my blog. Here it is:

http://www.cafepress.com/honeydewstudio

Cafepress works a lot differently than Etsy. Everything on Etsy is hand-made by me. I'm 100% responsible for the creation, packaging, and mailing out of my items. Cafepress however, is not about handmade. It's much more about commercial items--buttons, t-shirts, mugs, etc. On Cafepress, all I do is upload my artwork and choose the products on which I want my art to appear. Cafepress does all the work with the actual printing and shipping, etc. I get a small percentage of what the item costs. It's not really a bad deal if you're lazy and want to make a little money. People who like your work, but maybe can't afford an original, can always nab an inexpensive keepsake from Cafepress instead. There are really cute buttons, stickers, and t-shirts etc.

I did a lot of work on that shop this weekend, and it still needs more attention. I plan on revisiting (and revamping) the rest of it later this week. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Your shop is great..You really do lovely work..I think they are such happy illustrations..you can't help smile when you look at them..I do love that little pig flying..

Nicole Huot said...

Aw...thank you! (o: