May 07, 2008

Small World

Last night was my second to last typography class of the semester. By next week, that journal of artist business cards will be done, and I will post pics of it on here for your viewing pleasure. (Or displeasure, depending on how it goes...lol.)

Aside from presenting our final 3 page magainze layout/spread, we had a guest speaker -- the talented graphic designer, Wing Ngan, of Ink Design. He's done graphic design for MIT, Harvard, and Houghton Mifflin to name a few. He's also been featured in loads of graphic design magazines. But what caught me by surprise was that he's an Etsy seller. Really. Go look. He sells adorable little gocco prints. I didn't say anything about my own shop (even though he was sitting right next to me). I just stashed the knowledge away and hearted him when I got home. Haha!

I have done both printmaking and silkscreening in the past, but had no idea gocco existed. They're teeny little silkscreening machines from Japan. Now that I know they exist, I MUST have one. Alas, they're a bit expensive and I don't have the funds at the moment. But it is the newest item on my wish list. Maybe I'll make a bunch of sales at once, and then have some spare cash to spurge on printmaking supplies. Hey - I can dream, right? (o;