May 22, 2008

Tag! I'm It!

First, a little game. I got tagged today by Gina. So, here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.*
3. Find the fifth sentence.**
4. Post the next three sentences, so if my math is correct that’d be sentences six, seven and eight.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to the blogger who tagged you.

Here's mine: "Trade books have become part of the curriculum because we hope they will interest children and help them become literate in the full sense of the word. Given this goal, it is important to let the trade books be as interesting as they can be. It is important not to ruin the power of trade books by turning them into nothing more than material fore exercises, mere sources of information on topics or for teaching moral lessons."

Meh. I'm at work (at a literacy-based school), so whaddya expect? Lol. I don't have time to tag others right now, so I'll have to get to that part later. Thanks for the little brain-break, Gina! (o:

In other news, I got a ton encouragement from everyone yesterday regarding entering that local art contest in two weeks. So much so, in fact, that last night I went back to work on my long-abandoned painting. I only had an hour to work on it before bed, but you'd be surprised how far you can get with a mere 60 minutes. I feel pretty good about it (so far). I'll try desperately to get it done in time for the competition. Thank you for all the support and feedback. I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

Good for you for going for it! I bet you'll do awesome!