May 01, 2008

Tiny Personal Goals



Sometimes it's important to set mini goals for yourself. They may not mean a whole lot, but you have something to strive towards. Not to mention that it feels great when you acheive whatever marker you set for yourself. Yesterday I reached one of my mini-goals. My Etsy shop finally recieved 200 hearts...and then went over that! (For those of you unfamiliar with Etsy or what this means, click here.)

I've never been one to go begging on the Etsy forums for hearts. That's fine for some people, but that's not me. I like the idea that my shop was just hanging out, someone stumbled on it and said to themselves, "Hey, this is pretty cool. I'm going to bookmark it." I just quietly promoted, networked, talked a lot to people on the forums, and kept posting my work. It's not a major accomplishment or anything (200 hearts is nothing to some sellers) but I'm still proud! Especially seeing as how the first year that my shop was open, I only had 23 hearts...for the entire year. It was only after I started promoting myself and going on the forums that I noticed my hearts were going up. Woo-hoo! Here's hoping for a year of even more learning and growth. (o:

7 comments:

Niki Morris said...

Congrats! I have done something similiar and it's great to accomplish something. Good for you!

Rosebud Collection said...

You did great..I don't promote, but will close my shop once all expires..It kept me busy in the winter and was fun..
It is a wonderful place and nice forums.
Lots of luck to you...

Diana said...

Congratulations!!! That's quite an accomplishment, and an active list of people who really value your art. I'm going to go add some love now. :)

The Nature Nut said...

Congrats on going over 200 hearts! Promoting definitely makes a difference, I agree. Having said that I guess I should be out there promoting eh?

Katie L. said...

I know exactly what you mean, I won't go asking for hearts for the same reason. I would rather someone wanted to do it on their own than do it because I asked them to. Congrats! I reached my goal of 100 just a few days ago, that was pretty exciting! Didn't even think about taking a screen shot, though :( I will next time!

Nicole Huot said...

Thank you everyone! And congrats on your goal, babylyons!

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

Congrats to you! Hope you continue to grow!