May 19, 2008

"Free" time?

As most of you know, I completed the final class of spring semester last Tuesday. It's amazing how wonderful free time feels after you haven't had any in a year. The funny part is that I couldn't even use my newfound time to relax. I feel like I now have to play "catch up". I was SO productive on Saturday. I was up early, getting estimates for things that needed fixing in the house, writing out bills, doing errands, cleaning my studio, and generally being overly productive. I've also been able to kick my work-out schedule up a notch now that I actually have time to make it to the classes. Aaaaand, I got a chance to make a few phonecalls and even went out on Friday night to catch up with close friends who've been neglected.

My schedule over the next few days isn't any better. Tonight the hubby and I have to catch up with my sister-in-law who is visiting from Florida and my MIL who is about to head back down. Tomorrow, I have a long-awaited SCBWI meeting. Wednesday, I have a hair cut appointment...etc.

Oh, and I forgot to mention...no sooner do I finish classes for the summer, but I get an e-mail from my college saying that I need to register for fall courses by June 2. Ugh!

I'll finally get to unwined (I'm hoping) this coming weekend. My husband and I are taking off to a bed and breakfast for a couple nights to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. I think we're both counting down the days. Sigh...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Woo hoo! if you guys are around Sunday night let us know - we are staying in NH for the long weekend :-)

Nicole Huot said...

Aw...we'll still be up at the Bed and Breakfast by then. PJ and I both have Monday off for Labor Day, so we booked our getaway for Saturday/Sunday night. Unless you want to meet up in the North Conway area...

Remind me to talk to you about my 30th birthday in September. I'm thinking that an escape to Boston might be the best game plan...

Rosebud Collection said...

Have a fun trip..after reading your blog, you both need a get away..