May 01, 2008

Etsy Success Story

I'll admit it...I'm on the Etsy forums most of the day. On one hand, I should probably log off and get some other things done. It is a really easy way to procrastinate. But on the other hand, I don't really think it's a waste of my time. I've learned so much by talking to other sellers about their experiences. I revamped my shop, gotten help with homework (I received the most artist business cards from Etsy folks), I've networked and increased my hearts 10 fold. (For those of you who are non-Etsians, "hearts" are a way for people to say, "Hey, love your shop!" and bookmark it in their Favorites.)

Anyway, that said, there was a great thread in the forum yesterday regarding Etsy's top (non-supplies) seller, The Black Apple. Her work is wildly popular - she's even been on the Martha Stewart Show.

I was chatting in that forum for a while but then finally logged off my computer to go work out. When I returned, I saw that The Black Apple herself had stopped by the thread to answer questions and to talk. Which, as far as Etsians are concerned, is the shop equivalent to having an A-list celebrity drop into a fan site. Everyone (me included) just thought that was really generous and nice of her to take time out of her very busy schedule to answer our questions. We can only dream of achieving the level of success her shop has gained. (I'll just have to cross my fingers that anthropomorphized animals become a massive hit someday...lol).

If you missed the thread, go check out the link I posted above. There's some great info in there!

2 comments:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Sounds like time well spent.I saw her on Martha Stewert and was impressed.

Nicole Huot said...

I wish I'd seen it!