March 06, 2008

HGTV Update

HGTV

As you probably already know, the minute the calendar changed to March, I figured it was time to contact HGTV to get my air date for the episode of "That's Clever" that I'm due to be featured on. They said to call in the spring, and I figure March = spring, right? So, on Monday I e-mailed the contact at the address given to me after my taping, and awaited a reply.

Well, I finally heard back last night. I was told the 400 season still has yet to air...and apparently I'm part of the 500 season. What does that mean to me? First, it means I'm not going to be on tv any time soon. Not this season, anyway. Second, it means I have to call back in the fall. It sounds like my show is at least put together, and my contact gave me the number for my episode (HCLVR-560 - if that means anything to you), there just isn't a date when it'll air as of yet.

I mean, I'm a patient girl, but all the hope I had for any kind of national publicity in the near future has just crumbled. I mean, it'll happen eventually. They have my show and it will air, but it could very realistically be 1 1/2 to 2 years from the time they taped me to the time the show airs. Good things come to those who wait, right?

I have a whole new perspective regarding cable tv now. Exactly how old ARE those reality shows I've been watching? Have those people been back at home 2 years after their adventure...knitting and waiting to be famous? Wow.

*Sigh*

13 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Frustrating....

I had a friend who had her garden photographed for a magazine. 6 years later, her garden was featured.

Nicole Huot said...

I know, I'm so disappointed!
6 years, though? Yikes...your poor friend! I hope that doesn't happen to me!

Ni-Chern Designs said...

hooray on being on tv...
but boo on waiting for so long! :(
i hope it's not going to be longer than 2 years!!! :\
will they let you know when it'll be aired? or you will just have to check back every season?

Nicole Huot said...

I have to call back in the fall to see if they have a date available for me yet. I'm kind of bummed.

Nnairda's said...

Congratulations!!! Your time will come when you least expect.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that wait is so long, but just try to keep busy and keep your chin up! I'm sure you've got other goals you'd like to accomplish so maybe if you keep focused on them, time will go by much quicker. Either way, its really awesome that you'll be on the show, and congrats.

Nicole Huot said...

Hi everyone! You're right. I am a firm believer that things happen when they're supposed to. And I do have some other projects I'm looking forward to right now. Not to mention that I'm working full time AND taking night classes.
I just wish I could stop thinking about (and waiting for) the show! If I could forget about it until...let's say...a week before it's on, that would be great. At this rate, by the time it airs, the waiting time will have been so long and my hopes will be so high that it can only be anti-climactic. Oh well. /o:

Gina Perry said...

Wow! I'm surprised it's such a long wait, sounds a little like publishing in fact. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be on air in the fall!

Caroline said...

Aww, that is frustrating! I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent writers' strike?

Jama said...

Congrats on filming... and I completely understand about waiting. I was filmed in October 2006 and am supposed to be featured on the 400 series, which as you said, has yet to air. They told me it would start in January, but now they've cut the show back to airing only once a week AND they're still showing reruns. I've tried contacting three difference people at Weller Grossman, but to no avail. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Nicole Huot said...

October 2006? Wow. I don't feel so alone now! It took a few days, but I was able to get a reply from Weller Grossman. Well...as much of a reply as I can get right now. If you want to e-mail me, I can give you the name of the woman I spoke with. Here's my e-mail: honeydewstudio@gmail.com
I don't even know when the 400 series starts, let alone the 500 series! Please let me know when your episode airs. I'll be curious to see it. (o:

Jama said...

It's either a really big coincidence or my email's been messed up. Right after posting here, I emailed my contact at weller grossman and voila! got a response. Well, it was an automated "out of the office til march 20th" but a reply nonetheless. I'll let you know what I find out.

Nicole Huot said...

Too weird! Maybe they see us talking about them...hee-hee. Keep me posted! I'm so curious about how this process is going for other people. I have a long wait to find out myself!