March 29, 2008

Illustration Friday: Homage



This is yet another previously created illustration that I felt was appropriate for this week's topic. (I swear, someday I'll do it properly and create a new illustration specifically for the topic du jour). In the meantime, there's this. The little boy is painting a portion of Picasso's "Woman Seated in a Chair" which is in the collection at The Currier Museum of Art. This was my sneaky little homage to the first Picasso painting I ever saw. I blogged about it and the museum this past week. Enjoy!

P.S. This is my 50th post!!! *does a little dance*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny!

Cheryl said...

A very intense little artist for sure. Beautiful work.

soulbrush said...

picasso is my all time favourite.

Anonymous said...

If only more young people were caught painting homages such as this little one's on the laundry...

Cute illustration, and a great idea. :)

Kelly Light said...

This is great!

Anonymous said...

this illustration is too cute!! and full of mischief on drying laundry!!

a : )

Bobo said...

Lovely idea and beautiful illo. I can see someday the little boy would grow up into a talented one.