March 31, 2008

Misery Monday

What's that saying..."If you don't have anything nice to blog about, don't blog at all"? Or something like that. Sorry everyone, but I won't be following that rule of thumb today. For everyone's sake, I'll try to keep this venting session down to a minimum.

Over the week, I was very diligent and spent quite a bit of time on my 3 different typography projects. Somehow, all my hard work has NOT paid off. I have found myself facing a ton of work to finish up before class tomorrow. So much, in fact, that I almost feel as if I should've called in "sick" to work today. I didn't. What I am skipping today is the gym and grocery shopping (even though we have no food in the house). I'm going straight home after work.

All elements seem to be conspiring against me. Last night I planned to have at least one project done, but I had major issues with printing. Then, at midnight (the icing on the cake) my black ink cartridge completely ran out. There's more complications: I had to retrace my steps and re-design my logo from last week's failed assignment. That set me back on the second half of that project. I'm concerned the time constraints are going to make the rest of my efforts unsuccessful as well.

I remember being this stressed out (and more) in undergrad. But at least back then I was in school full-time and it was my main focus. Being a grown-up working full time and being in school is a whole other ball of wax. I am so cranky today. Anyone else having a miserable Monday morning?
P.S. For a happy post with lots of pictures, scroll down for yesterday's blog!

1 comment:

Lady Apple said...

bummer! i've had days like that! :(