March 04, 2008

Just a little update

No word back yet from the folks at HGTV regarding when my show will air. I'm going to give them a week or so to e-mail me and then I'm gonna start calling!

This morning I joined my local Etsy street team. I'm now included on their Yahoo Groups mailing list. They also have a very cool little blog. I'm pretty excited. I love meeting local artists and crafters. It's great to be part of a creative community. Unfortunately, I don't always have the time to meet up with my SCBWI crit group, so I'm hoping this team will be another outlet for me.

In other news, I have my typography class tonight. It's pretty warm out right now, but by this evening we're supposed to get a "wintry mix" that'll make driving conditions rather icy. Why must this happen every night that I have a lengthy commute to and from school? I'm done with winter. Really.

That's about it for a Tuesday update. I hope to have some ATCs to show you at some point in the (very) near-future.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Its going to be just rain and still warm tonight in MA so at least that part of your commute will be a-ok :-)

Nicole Huot said...

That's how it was last week. It was pouring rain in Boston, but by the time I hit the NH line, it was a NIGHTMARE. Snow, sleet, and freezing rain = worst road conditions ever. So fun. )o:

ara133photography said...

Hallo from someone who grew up in Mass!! :) I hope they air your show soon!!! My husband and I have dates to B&N too :) Your work is sooooo adorable. Do you really have a hedgehog?????

renee anne said...

goodluck in the groups!
i have been trying to join some my self! its hard to keep on top of everything



and typography! oh how i would love to do something like that! so super best of luck with that!

and lovely blog by the way! :D xx

Nicole Huot said...

ara133photography - hello fellow New Englander! Thank you so much for your lovely comment. To answer your question, I do indeed have a hedgehog. His name is Baxter McPrickles. I blogged about him a while back. Here's the link:

http://honeydewstudio.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-3-typograpy-ok-well-maybe-not-yet-but.html

art4friends - thanks for your comments too! I agree, it is really hard to keep on top of everything. I've joined so many networking sites in the past few months, it makes my head spin to keep track of them all! Graphic design is new (and scary) territory for me, but I'm learning...slowly but surely! (o: