March 28, 2008

Merry Christmas! Wait. Whaaaa...?

Oh sorry, I was having a dream where there was a raging snow storm going on outside and...AAAAAACK!

It's no dream! This is the scene I work up to this morning. I wish I could animate this photo to show you how heavy and fast it was coming down. Welcome to "spring" in New England. One of my favorite old jokes about the area is that we have 4 seasons - Almost Winter, Winter, More Winter, and Construction. I believe we're currently in the "More Winter" stage. Last year we had two April blizzards.
Since I work for a school district, this means it's a day off for me. Yep. I wish I could tell you I'm going to do something marvelous and creative with my day. But what I plan on doing is chipping away at my typography homework. Sorry to disappoint you. Trust me, I'd much rather be finishing that painting for my dad or trying my hand at some ATCs.
Since I have the time this morning (and a big cup of coffee which I have the ability to refill) I'm going to do something a little different in my blog today. I woke up to find that I've been tagged by DivaDea to write 7 random facts about myself. I'm not about to let a fellow Etsian down, so here we go. First, the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Get it? Got it? Good. Here's my seven:

1. Hi, I'm Nicole, and I'm an NPR addict. I'm serious. There is no such thing as silence in my house. The radio is on ALL THE TIME. I started listening to it in college because, one summer, my friend had an internship at NPR in Washington D.C. and I missed her. Now I can't stop. On the upside, I'm more informed about the news than I've ever been in my entire life.

2. My husband has been friends with my sister (and best friends with my brother-in-law) since high school. Even though we grew up right down the street from each other and attended the same church on that street - we never met once. Not until after I had graduated from college.

3. I love seafood, but hate scallops. I keep thinking I should like them so I keep trying them, and still hate ‘em every single time. I think it may be a texture thing.

4. My favorite flowers are lilacs. In the house I grew up in, there was 2 giant bushes of them below my bedroom window. One purple, one white.

5. I used to have a canary named Beck. His name had meaning on several levels. Like the singer Beck, my canary was blonde & could sing. “Bec” in French means “beak” and can also mean to give “a little kiss”. As in “a peck on the cheek”. I thought I was terribly clever.

6. When I was a kid, I took dancing lessons. I tap danced for 8 years. (Sometimes I still kind of miss it!)

7. I often drink tea or some other hot beverage while I’m painting. There’s been many occasions where I’ve almost drank out of the water cup I was washing my brushes out in. (Haven’t yet. Though, I have washed my brushes off in hot chocolate by mistake.)

That's it! It might not be 7 people, but here's a couple gals who I plan on tagging: Sarah at Pink Shoe Diaries, Gina at Pineapple Diary and Pat's Motorcycle Travels blog.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

SuperMOM said...

Well We in NY have no school as well! WHAAAAA and we have snow so glad to see I am NOT ALONE!!!!!

As much as I would LOVE to write 7 things I think my children would burn the house down around me in the midst of thinking of them! LOL

Nicole Huot said...

Really? This storm went all the way to NY? Holy cow! Will spring ever get here?

LOL - don't let the kids burn down the house. (Even though it might melt some of this snow!) Maybe the 7 things will be a list to make after their bed time? (o:

ThePeachTree said...

Great 7! I can't believe all of that snow!!

Nora said...

mmmm.. hot chocolate paint brushes! Sounds good! =)

Nicole Huot said...

Lol nora! I wouldn't recommend it! (o: