March 26, 2008

Baxter Blog


Since the only big thing going on in my art-life right now is my typography homework (and I'd rather not think about it at the moment), I'd figure I'd distract all of you with a cute post until something more exciting happens. So...look at the cute hedgie!
This is the hedgehog love of my life, Baxter McPrickles. Most of you have already seen his baby picture in a previous blog post I posted a while back. This is Baxter today - he's a big boy (and middle-aged, actually). But still a scaredy cat and as grumpy as ever. Unless, of course, you come bearing meal worms or other hedgie-friendly food items. (o:
If you hadn't already figured it out, Baxter was the inspiration and model for my avitar and banner. (Though in real life, he wouldn't be caught dead munching on a bit of melon.) Has anyone else created artwork inspired by their pets? Or am I just obsessive hedgie mom? Lol.

7 comments:

fenrislorsrai said...

Nah, I've done two different pieces with my dog. One a straight up drawing of sleeping dog, one an anthropomorphic version.

I also had an artist do a black and white art nouveau style logo for my business that incorporated the dog.

So not weird at all.

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

Eeeeh, Braxter is so cute! I don't have any pets at the moment -- the apt. complex won't let me :( -- but when I did I was crazy about them. I had two fancy rats and made 5 portraits, 3 fine art photos and about 7 sculptures of them.

I've always wanted a hedgehog....what are they like?

TotusMel said...

So very cute!

tatsuko said...

Baxter is beautiful! I didn't know hedgehogs were domesticatable (is that a word?), so neat!

My avatar was inspired by the late, great fat cat, Jerzy :) and I'm totally obsessed by my current cats. I just tell myself I'm normal.

DivaDea said...

Your little critter with melon makes me smile every time I see it. Tag, you're it:

Here are the rules: (er, I'm not really good with rules, but I'll do my best...)
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

OMB said...

He's a cutie!!!

Nicole Huot said...

Haha! Thanks everyone. Glad to know I'm not the only one pet-obsessed.

deabusamour - hedgies are consitered exotic pets and there are still a few states that don't allow them! (My state does, obviously.) They have some special needs, but once you educate yourself and know what those are - they're not too difficult to care for. Aside from cutting their nails, of course, which is Mission Impossible. Any animal who can curl into a ball should have nails that cut themselves. Ugh. Baxter is a grumpy boy and a scaredy cat, but I love him anyway. I hear some hedgehogs are sweeter and a bit more friendly.